I have previously posted about the importance of conveying compelling content to engage your online community and make your message stronger. This may be the main clue to succeed in Social Media, but it must be supported by a good way of online communication. It’s not enough to have an awesome product if you don’t know how to sell it. And what your customers are expecting from Internet, beyond to find interesting issues to talk about, is to have a great online experience.
What does it mean? As it happens in real life, what people is expecting from Social Media is to find resources to express themselves without restrictions and become a part of a community in which they could satisfy their social necessities. What they are looking for is a beatiful friendship and relations. Recall that in the early years of this century there were (and still they are here but they are not famous as before) hundreds of sites which offered you the opportunity ‘online affairs’. I know some friends who found their current wife by using Internet. Actually one of them get divorce, but the others are still in their honeymoon.
The beginning of a beatiful friendship
Social Media has become the perfect niche to connect people everywhere. There are no boundaries (well, except the famous chinese firewall…and the language, of course)and all of its functionality is about people relating with other people.
So, don’t be distracted by all the tools, resources, tactics and technics to engage your community. It’s true that as more information you achieve, you will be more prepared to face any situation in life, but not all of the methods Internet provides could be applied to your community. So, if you use social media as a machine for blasting sales pitch and PR releases, your community will never warm you.
But if the people behind your brand act like decent human beings and express themselves as they are and showcasing your company personality, your community will reward you with trust, engagement, interaction, and even love. Because they will realize they are interacting with others like them, and not with a brand intending to sell something. They will naturally become paying customers because they trust you. So, the natural consequences of your online strategy will be to attract and retain more potential clients and buyers, and you will have fun doing so.
So, here you have some highlights
- Your social media strategy will not succed if you don’t care about your customers’ interests, If a company does not care deeply about their community, they should not be doing online marketing.
- Identify online places your targeting audience are hang out and visit them. Don’t make them work to find you.
- Give your online marketing team members a great deal of freedom within clear boundaries.
- Your clients will have a strong connection with your brand if they have a strong connection with your team members.
- Focus on what your community cares about, not pet topics you enjoy ranting on.
- A big part of being a delightful brand means showing that it’s not all about you. Share other’s content.
Finally, how are you applying your online strategy? Are you engaging your online community with confidence and caring about their interests?